Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Analogue Model #1




The Sea Captain lost his parents when he was young, and then it seemed that the family he had made for himself also left. This would have resulted in his fractured personality, so the idea was to illustrate this through shards in the form of the design. The digital model displays material and minor forms (planar shifts etc) for reasons described below. I think when sailing and the sea is thought about the imediate symbols that come to mind are water, sails and the curve of a ship. The initial floor plate is dropplet shaped, and the roof canopy is sail-like. The feature of the design is the tower, (unit 7) which extends the entire height of the building. It also acts as a divider to the open plan house, between bathroom and living. It is the core of the house and provides a solidarity as well as a place to dwell. It is the lonliness and the strength. The bed has its own compartment to the side. Sharp-angled glass sculpture is over the entrance to the house and provides an extra exterior space, whilst bringing fractured light to the interior.

1 comment:

Niall Campbell said...

Hi Neighbour,

I'm wondering if I could be updated on your latest model? I'll be updating my blog later tonight with my latest design and I hope we can work together to build a good neighbourhood condition between our models. If there are any issues that could affect your design let me know and i'll fix it as soon as possible. Thanks.

-niall